AWE R8 V8 Pre-Facelift Performance Exhaust
Have a Question? Ask a Specialist713.955.5846
AWE Tuning Product Description
From that moment forward, our work was cut out for us – we had to create a masterpiece for the masterpiece. Introducing two serious options for your R8:
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust
The Audi R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust sets a new standard. Beyond the hand crafted detail that is standard for every AWE Tuning Performance Exhaust, this one packs a little something special: The R8 4.2L Exhaust incorporates a proprietary mechanical valve system that controls sound volume:
- Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through a central muffler, keeping sound tame and drone free.
- At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves open and the system is unleashed – going into "straight pipe" mode.
- An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath Remote toggles the mechanical valves between "normal" and "straight pipe mode." Practical.
The SwitchPath Exhaust line has set a new bar. SwitchPath Exhaust highlights include:
- Designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- Crafted from T304 stainless steel
- Uses Factory Tips
- No CEL with full system or straight pipes
- German Engineered control valves
- CNC machined V-Band connections
- One piece, full bolt on system means easy and reversible installation
- Programming optimized for R8 engine characteristics
- Lifetime Warranty
- AWE Tuning R8 4.2L Performance Straight Pipe Exhaust
Do you find our R8 4.2L V8 SwitchPath Exhaust too docile for your tastes?
Meet the AWE Tuning AWE Tuning R8 4.2L Performance Straight Pipe Exhaust. This system unlocks the same impressive power gains of 25 hp and 28 ft-lbs as our SwitchPath Exhaust System, but sheds even more weight over the stock exhaust system, for a total weight loss of 50 lbs. Be warned, though: The sound from the straight pipes is not for the faint of heart, small children, or small pets, and there are no "switching options" available with this addition.
Scared? Take a step back to the head-turning yet sophisticated SwitchPath Exhaust.
AWE Tuning stands by this product with a lifetime warranty, however, the straight pipes cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
For racing use only
Please note that due to the elimination of catalytic converters, this exhaust is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.
If you have an R8 4.2L and you're looking to make one of the most meaningful evolutions available, this is your move.
Part Numbers: 3025-31014, 3010-11018, 3025-31028
|Audi||Mk1 R8||4.2L V8|
We Also Recommend
AWE Touring Edition Exhaust w/ Chrome Silver Tips (90mm) - Audi S4 3.0T 09-16
AWE AirGate Carbon Intake w/o Lid - Audi B9 S4 / S5 / RS4 / RS5