Dinan Performance Intercooler for BMW | E8X | N54 | N55
Have a Question? Ask a Specialist713.955.5846
Dinan Product Description
When modifying the car and increasing boost, installing an upgraded intercooler is essential to keep the engine computer from restraining boost as temperatures climb. The stock air-air intercooler is quickly overcome with heat and can't keep the intake air cool enough. If it's too hot the engine computer will reduce power to safer levels. A Dinan intercooler is much larger than stock, providing more surface area for cooling air to pass through. Even heat soak at low speeds is reduced, making this a worthwhile addition even for stock or mildly tuned engines. The E82 135i/1M Dinan intercooler is 93% larger than stock but is a direct replacement with only minor trimming of plastic under trays required for installation. The factory charge piping in and out of the intercooler is re-used.
Installation Instructions: Dinan E8X 1-Series Intercooler D330-0010B Installation
- Used in conjunction with Performance Engine Software, the intercooler produces an additional 5 horsepower as well as more consistent performance under varying driving conditions.
- Face area larger than the stock intercooler setup for maximum cooling efficiency to deter heat soak - 93% increase in total volume
- Charge Air Pressure drop: 0.7 PSI (25% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature drop: 155Â? F (11% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature / Ambient Temperature Delta: 18Â? F @ 6250 RPM (60% improvement over stock)
2008-2013 E82 E88 BMW 135i 1M Coupe
|BMW||E8X 1 Series||135i||N54 3.0L|
|BMW||E8X 1 Series||1M||N54 3.0L|
|BMW||E8X 1 Series||135i||N55 3.0L|
We Also Recommend
AWE BMW F3X N20 | N26 328i | 428i Touring Edition Exhaust